These two awards are presented at Fall Convocation to honor outstanding work among members of the Le Moyne College community. The nomination period occurs in the spring semester. All nomination materials are due Wednesday, August 10, 2022 to the HR Office - Grewen 209C or email to email@example.com.
The Ignatian Mission Award: Living the Le Moyne vision acknowledges an employee’s pursuit of the Le Moyne vision “to be a premier Jesuit college where diverse talents meet to foster academic excellence, integrity and a commitment to justice.” St. Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Jesuits, believed that education should be driven by the purpose of seeking God in all things, and of promoting God’s kingdom thru the service of men and women. The Ignatian Mission Award is based on an employee’s commitment and support to Le Moyne's vision. All full-time employees are eligible for this award, including faculty, staff and union employees.
The Annual Magis Award: Spirit of Excellence acknowledges employees’ pursuit of excellence throughout the year. “Magis” translated literally from Latin means “more.” Within the context of our Jesuit heritage, it refers to the value that St. Ignatius of Loyola placed on responding gratefully and generously to God’s goodness by striving for excellence in all that we do, and all that we are. To that end, the Annual Magis Award is based on a performance that exemplifies excellence beyond normal duties: service, leadership or through other professional contributions. All full-time staff and union employees are eligible for this award.
Father William Bosch, S.J. Lifetime Achievement Award: In order to recognize outstanding achievement and service by a deceased, retired or current active member of the Le Moyne College community who has provided “unique and significant” service over his/her lifetime, the college may bestow the Father William Bosch Lifetime Achievement Award annually to one recipient.
- Eligibility: Any member of the Le Moyne College community who contributes to its success either in the capacity as a faculty member, administrator, staff or volunteer will be eligible for this award.
- Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated significant dedication to Le Moyne College by long term and consistent service
- Provided an exceptional or unique contribution in support of a division, department, or College objectives; member exceeded all expectations in accomplishing their goals or objectives.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership over a significant period of time. Displayed a wisdom and depth of leadership that has made a significant difference.
- Exemplified collegiality working among all members of the Le Moyne Community.
- Contributes intellectually, socially, and spiritually to a vibrant College community.
- Strives for excellence in service to others at Le Moyne or the community at large; passion for the Jesuit mission such as community service.
- His/Her career and life’s work is an embodiment of the Ignatian ideals of excellence in education, humility and servicing the community.
- Exhibits a sharp focus on seeing (showing others how to see) God in all things, living out our shared faith, and striving for the Magis in scholarship, community, and social action
The nomination committee will evaluate nominations based on employees or retirees who have strongly demonstrated at least two of the above criteria over his/her lifetime at the college.