Information about Le Moyne College's Commencement Ceremony
1. Review the Graduation Requirements for Undergraduate Students (Grad students - please see your Program Director)
- Complete a minimum of 120 credit hours (some major programs require more) at least 30 of which must be completed at Le Moyne and earn a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- File with the Registrar's Office all necessary paperwork. All graduating seniors must fill out an Application for Degree. Other forms that may be required are course substitutions, concentration, minor, change of address forms, etc. Failure to do so may result in a delay in receiving your degree or diploma and may even prevent you from participating in the graduation ceremony.
- Obtain a passing grade in all courses required for the major(s) and the Core Curriculum.
- Complete one Philosophy Course and two Writing Instructional Courses at Le Moyne College.
- Complete at least half of the major requirements at Le Moyne earning with no less than a 2.0 GPA in the major courses.
- If you are declaring a minor, you must officially complete a minor declaration form in the Registrar's Office, complete half of the requirements at Le Moyne. and earn at least a 2.0 GPA in the minor.
Students earn degree honors if their final cumulative GPA is at least 3.5 and they have earned at least 60 of their credits in Le Moyne course work. College honors are designated as follows:
- 3.50 to 3.69 cum laude
- 3.70 to 3.84 magna cum laude
- 3.85 to 4.0 summa cum laude
Complete the Application for Degree
3. Continue to check your email!! We'll be sending you your Senior Audit and other important updates from LMC about your degree program and/or Commencement!