Welcome back. We hope everyone is well. We have some new information to share with you on student employment.
New Email Address
Student employment now has an email address: email@example.com. This allows for central and quick access between the various departments that work on student employment.
For the 2020/2021 academic year, the following process will take place for student employment hire. Please read thoroughly as this replaces the process and procedures from previous years and is subject to change (with notice). This new procedure is to ensure the safety and health of everyone on campus and to reduce the amount of in-person contact as much as possible. If you are planning to hire for in-office work, your department must follow the campus guidelines when including student workers.
Fall payroll begins on August 31 st .
Students working in the summer and will continue in fall, will need to complete new paperwork (all summer positions are closed before fall payroll begins).
Please remember when hiring that priority is given to students who have Federal Work Study funding.
Non Federal Work Study students may fill positions when a Federal Work Study student cannot meet all the requirements of the position description. Students are able to confirm their eligibility on their Phinfo account. Supervisors many also contact the Financial Aid Office to confirm a student’s eligibility.
New this year, we will require you to note on the Student Work Authorization form whether the student will be working on campus or remotely. If you are hiring students to work on campus, please make sure you have included this in your approved return to work plan or have notified your area VP as to how you will manage and support the protocols set forth by Le Moyne (Campus Announce sent on July 9th-COVID-19 Update: Guidelines for Returning to Work). If you are hiring students to work remotely, the student will need to note their physical location on the form. There may be tax/wage implications for students working outside of Onondaga County.
Rehires and Confirmed New Hires
STUDENT WORK AUTHORIZATION FORM
- Supervisors will email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating they need the Student Work Authorization Form to hire students. Please put the student’s full name in the email, indicate if they will be working on campus (or your department) or remotely from home.
- Supervisors will receive individual emails from email@example.com for each student hired. This email acts as the current Student Work Authorization Form and will be used to hire all students for the fall 2020 semester. Instructions are provided in the email on what information needs to be completed by supervisor and student (the email is forwarded between supervisor, student hired, and the student employment email). A confirmation email will go to the supervisor once the student is set up in the position.
*Note: For rehires, this is the only form needed to get set up for work. Since it is completed through email, there is no need for students to visit the Payroll Office to turn in a hard copy. The PDF Student Work Authorization Form used in previous year will not be used for Fall 2020.
NEW HIRE PACKET
- This is required only for students who are new and have not worked on campus in the past year.
- All students that have not worked on campus will need to submit payroll forms and have their IDs checked IN PERSON before they will be allowed to work on campus.
- Please forward the five forms to each of the students you plan to hire. Each student must complete all forms (W4, NYS I2104, PFL Waiver, and I9 form). It is strongly encouraged that they also complete the Direct Deposit form as the payroll office will not be able to hand out paychecks.
- All payroll forms will be submitted by appointment only. Please instruct your students to click the link in the email SWAF to schedule an appointment. Appointment times are Wednesday and Thursday 9-1 and 2-4 and will take place in the box office in the lobby of the PAC. Please instruct your students to download all of the pdf forms attached to the SWAF email. All forms must be completed, signed, PRINTED OUT and brought to the appointment with the appropriate IDs as listed in the I9. Students MUST have all forms completed, required IDs, and be wearing a mask or they will be turned away. NO STUDENT IS ALLOWED TO WORK UNTIL ALL PAPERWORK IS TURNED IN.
Request for New Hires
- Open positions are now posted through Handshake (no longer through Echo). We are excited to work with Career Advising & Development in getting this up and running. Please read these instructions on how to move your department's open jobs into Handshake:
- Sign up for an Employer account in Handshake. If you already have a student/alumni account in Handshake, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can walk you through setting up a connected employer account.
- Create a company profile for your department. Each department should use the following naming convention – Le Moyne College: Department Name. For example, if Campus Life & Leadership wanted to set up an account, their company name would be “Le Moyne College: Campus Life & Leadership”
- We will approve your department as an employer and then you can start posting jobs. Please make sure to select “On Campus Student Employment” as the Job Type so students can find your jobs more easily.
- You can collect any previous job postings and information out of Echo and copy the details over to Handshake.
- If you have previously posted jobs in Handshake, we will be in touch with you with instructions on how to update your employer profile. If you haven’t heard from us, please reach out to email@example.com.
, Le Moyne's online recruitment platform is the first place that we direct students to search for on-campus employment student employment positions. You can:
Here are some excellent resources you can explore to get acquainted with the system:
IT 2104 NY Withholding Form
Paid Family Leave Opt Out
We truly appreciate you working with us as we navigate this new process. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
- Kelly Kelly (Financial Aid Office) - For questions on Federal Work Study allotment and Student Work Authorizations Forms
- Judy Frank (Payroll) - For questions on New Hire paperwork/appointments and Student Work Authorization Forms
- Meredith Tornabene (Career Advising & Development) - For questions on hiring students through Handshake