Registration Dates & Times
All registration dates are listed on Le Moyne College's Academic Calendar.
- Enrolled & Matriculated Undergraduate Students
- Current undergraduate students may check their ECHO account for their designated registration date and time.
- Undergraduate students register according to credit hours earned. For purposes of registration, credit hours earned is determined by the number of credit hours completed, not counting courses currently in progress.
- Transfer credit can only be counted towards credits earned if the Registrar's Office has received an official transcript showing the successful completion of credits at another institution. Please visit the Registrar's website for more information about our transfer credit policies.
- Non-matriculated Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Graduate students should contact their individual department to register.
- Meet with your advisor!
- You must meet with your Advisor prior to registration. Your Advisor must clear you in order to register. If you have not been cleared, you will not be able to register.
- Log into ECHO.
- Under "My Student Profile" you will find your registration date & time, any holds on your account, number of credits completed, Advisor name & email, your major, and your anticipated graduation date.
- Clean up any holds/restrictions on your account!
- Holds on your account will prevent you from registering and must be taken care of at the appropriate office(s) prior to registration.
NOTE: Emails will only be sent to your Le Moyne email account. If you don't know how to access your Le Moyne email account, please contact the IT Help Desk (445-4579).
All students must use their WebAdvisor account in order to register for courses.
- Log into WebAdvisor.
- Click on the Students link. This will bring you to the Students Menu.
- Under the Registration menu, select Preselect Course Sections and then Express Course Selection. Here you will enter the 4-digit synonym, which can be found on the course availability page.
- Click submit! These courses will now be saved in your preferred list for registration and can be revisited when you are eligible to register.
NOTE: Courses pre-selected and saved do not register you and do not guarantee you a seat in the course. Please have planned backup options available! This tool is used to expedite the registration process during your assigned registration date & time.
At your assigned registration date & time, you are eligible to register for your courses through WebAdvisor as long as you do not have any pending holds on your account and you have met the prerequisites for the course.
- To register for your pre-selected courses, see above!
- Review course offerings and course availability for course information or to find course alternatives.
- To verify that you are registered, you can click on "My Class Schedule" in WebAdvisor; select the term you are registering for and you will see the courses for which you have been registered.
Please complete the Prerequisite Waiver form PRIOR to registration. This requires approval from the course's Department Chair. If approved and the course is open, the Registrar's Office will register you for the course. Otherwise, if closed, you will be added to the waitlist and will be able to register yourself if offered a seat in the course.
If a course is closed, you have the option of waitlisting by choosing this option in the drop-down menu in WebAdvisor when registering for the course.
Students who are added to the waitlist will receive an email notification when a seat opens and you have permission to register for the section. Students have 24 hours to register or pass it to the next person in line. If you do not register or pass on the opportunity by the deadline provided in your email, the seat will then be offered to the next person on the waitlist - NO EXCEPTIONS. You are able to check your status of your waitlist in WebAdvisor.
NOTE: All communication for waitlist is done through your Le Moyne email - PLEASE CHECK YOUR LMC EMAIL REGULARLY!
Dropping a Course on WebAdvisor
Please view the Academic Calendar to view the specific "Last Day to Drop" date for the given semester.
WebAdvisor by clicking on Register: Drop Sections, which is listed on the Students Menu page. Under Current Registration. Be sure to check My Class Schedule to verify that the course was dropped from your schedule. If you wish to drop all of your registered courses, you must contact the Student Success Center.
Common WebAdvisor Messages and Explanations
- "Please see the published schedule for your designated time."
- It is not your designated time to register or it is past the date to add courses to your schedule.
- "HST-110-05 - Section HST-110-05 is "Closed" (21/0). Enrollment not allowed."
- This means the course is closed. You must register for an open section of the course.
- "EDU 303-02 - Course EDU-303 prerequisites have not been started."
- You have not completed the prerequisites required for this course.
- "ACT 203-01 - Registration in ACT-203-01 puts student in overload. Petition is required."
- You are attempting to register for more than 18 credits. You must receive permission from the Assistant Dean for Student Success (if minimum GPA of 3.25 is not met) to register over 18 credits.
- "HST-110-05 - HST-110 has been taken 1 time(s). Once allowed."
- You are trying to repeat a course that you have received a grade of a "W", "WF", or an "F" or you have previously received credit for this course. You must contact the Registrar's Office to register you for this specific course.
- "EDU-315-01 - This section was cancelled on 08/24/06."
- This course will no longer be offered for the semester.
- "BIO-111-02 conflicts with PHL-302-04."
- You are attempting to register for two courses with a time conflict. This isn't permitted. Please note: no registrations will go through if you receive this message. You must change one of the conflicting classes to proceed with registration.
Registration "How-To" Handouts
WebAdvisor Instructions (with screenshots)
WebAdvisor Single Sheet Handout