Registration Dates & Times
- Enrolled & Matriculated Undergraduate Students
- Current undergraduate students may check their ECHO account for their designated registration date and time.
- Undergraduate students register according to credit hours earned. For purposes of registration, credit hours earned is determined by the number of credit hours completed, not counting courses currently in progress.
- Transfer credit can only be counted towards credits earned if the Registrar's Office has received an official transcript showing the successful completion of credits at another institution. Please visit the Registrar's website for more information about our transfer credit policies.
- Enrolled & Matriculated Graduate Students
- Graduate students must contact their graduate office with questions regarding your registration and/or eligibility.
- Non-Matriculated Students
- Meet with your advisor!
- You must meet with your Advisor prior to registration. Your advisor must clear you in order to register. If you have not been cleared, you will not be able to register.
- Log into WebAdvisor.
- Make sure your log-in information works! Contact the IT Help Desk (445-4579) with questions you may have about your WebAdvisor log-in and/or password.
- Check your assigned registration date & time in ECHO.
- Under "My Student Profile" you will find your registration date & time, any holds on your account, number of credits completed, Advisor name & email, your major, and your anticipated graduation date.
- Clean up any holds/restrictions on your account!
- Holds on your account will prevent you from registering and must be taken care of at the appropriate office(s) prior to registration.
- Check Course Availability!
- This site will show you the course offerings for the upcoming semester(s) as well as important notes for each course (i.e. if it's online, what Core requirement it might fulfill, course descriptions, etc.). The schedule is subject to change as we continue to add courses and update this information.
- Check your email regularly!
- Important registration information and updates are only sent to your Le Moyne email account. If you don't know how to access your Le Moyne email account, please contact the IT Help Desk (445-4579).
All students must use their WebAdvisor account
in order to register for courses.
- Log into WebAdvisor.
- Click on the Students link. This will bring you to the Students Menu.
- Under the Registration menu, select Preselect Course Sections and then Express Course Selection. Here you will enter the 4-digit synonym, which can be found on the course availability page.
- Click submit! These courses will now be saved in your preferred list for registration and can be revisited when you are eligible to register.
NOTE: Courses pre-selected and saved do not register you and do not guarantee you a seat in the course. Please have planned backup options available! This tool is used to expedite the registration process during your assigned registration date & time.
At your assigned registration date & time, you are eligible to register for your courses through WebAdvisor
as long as you do not have any pending holds on your account and you have met the pre-requisites for the course.
- To register for your pre-selected courses, see above!
- Review course offerings and course availability for course information or to find course alternatives.
- To verify that you are registered, you can click on "My Class Schedule" in WebAdvisor; select the term you are registering for and you will see the courses for which you have been registered.
NOTE: You may encounter error messages during the registration process - Don't panic!
- For example: If you are trying to repeat a course in which you have received a grade of a “W”, “WF”, or an “F”, or you have previously received credit for this course, you will get a message that says "Taken one time(s). Once allowed." If you need to repeat a course or you get this message, you must visit the Registrar’s Office (GH 212) in order to be registered.
If you have been advised to register for a course and need to bypass the prerequisite, you must complete the Prerequisite Waiver form
PRIOR to registration. This requires approval from the course's Department Chair. If approved and the course is open, the Registrar's Office will register you for the course. Otherwise, if closed, you will be added to the waitlist and will be able to register yourself if offered a seat in the course.
If a course is closed, you have the option of Waitlisting by choosing this option in the drop-down menu in WebAdvisor when registering for the course.
Dropping a Course on WebAdvisor
Students who are added to the waitlist will receive an email notification when a seat opens and you have permission to register for the section. Students have 24 hours to register or pass it to the next person in line. If you do not register or pass on the opportunity by the deadline provided in your email, the seat will then be offered to the next person on the waitlist - NO EXCEPTIONS. You are able to check your status of your waitlist in WebAdvisor.
All communication for waitlist is done through your Le Moyne email - PLEASE CHECK YOUR LMC EMAIL REGULARLY!
Students generally have approximately two weeks from the first day of the semester to drop a course without a grade (i.e. "W"/"WF"). Please visit the Academic Calendar
to view the specific "Last Day to Drop" date for the given semester.
In order to drop a course for which you are registered, you can do so in WebAdvisor
by clicking on Register: Drop Sections, which is listed on the Students Menu page. Under Current Registration. Be sure to check My Class Schedule to verify that the course was dropped from your schedule. If you wish to drop all
of your registered courses, you must contact the Office of Academic Advisement & Support
Common WebAdvisor Messages Explanation
|Please see the published schedule for your designated time.
||It is not your designated time to register or it is past the date to add courses to your schedule.
|HST-110-05 - Section HST-110-05 is "Closed" (21/0). Enrollment not allowed.
||This means the course is closed. You must register for an open section of the course.
|EDU 303-02 Course EDU-303 prerequisites have not been started.
||You have not completed the prerequisites required for this course.
|ACT 203-01 - Registration in ACT-203-01 puts student in overload. Petition is required.
||You are attempting to register for more than 18 credits. You must receive permission from the Associate Dean to register over 18 credits.
|HST-1110-05 - HST-101 has been taken 1 time(s). Once allowed.
||You are trying to repeat a course that you have received a grade of a "W", "WF", or an "F" or you have previously received credit for this course. You must contact the Registrar's Office to register you for this specific course.
|EDU-315-01 - This section was cancelled on 08/24/06.
||This course will no longer be offered for the semester.
|BIO-111-02 conflicts with PHL-302-04
||You are attempting to register for two courses with a time conflict. This isn't permitted. Please note: no registrations will go through if you receive this message. You must change one of the conflicting classes to proceed with registration.
Registration "How-To" Videos & Handouts