In order to provide additional resources for staff and administrators, the professional development fund was launched to lead to greater personal and professional growth. The Professional Development Fund is designed to expand professional development opportunities for Le Moyne College’s staff and administrators. This fund supports development activities that directly relates to staff and administrators job responsibilities.
In order to be determined as eligible for this funding, an employee must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a regular full-time staff or administrators
- Must have completed six (6) months of employment prior to the event before applying.
- The applicant must have completed all mandatory trainings required by the College (ie. IT training, Title IX & Sexual Harassment training).
At least 10 days in advance of the professional development activity, the employee’s supervisor must submit the activity information, and an endorsement of the activity for approval from Human Resources through the PD Fund Submission Form, linked below.
To request fund, the following steps must be followed:
- Complete the Professional Development Funding Application.
- Applications must be completed according to the outlined application deadlines. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Late applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applications are reviewed by Human Resources and all applicants are informed of the status of their application by the Office of Human Resources.
- Supporting documentation should be submitted with the application which includes the following:
- A detailed description of the activity.
- Written justification by the employee of how the activity is job-related.
- Supervisor’s written justification supporting the request.
- Document showing the activity’s date and other pertinent information.
- Completed Budget Form.
- The Office of Human Resources will make the recommendation to approve, postpone, or reject any application.
For any staff or administrators interested in applying for the new professional development fund, please see the guidelines and application materials below: