In order to apply to a specific study abroad program, you must first obtain approval from various College officials. To do so, fill out a Request for Study Abroad Approval form and attach program and pricing information. Then have it signed by the Department Chair of your major. Once that signature is obtained, the completed form should be dropped off to Global Education for review and final approval.
It is very important to have program and pricing information attached as well as all required signatures. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Your study abroad approval will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Meeting Attendance: Applicants must have attended a mandatory informational meeting offered by the Global Education;
- Grades: Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of at least 2.8;
- Judicial Status: Applicants must have a favorable judicial record.
- Program Requirements: The study abroad program must be formally accredited by a US or foreign accreditation agency; and
- Timing: There must be space available in the College's study abroad program to allow for additional participation (space is limited).
Students not meeting these guidelines may contact the Global Education to gain information about the appeal process.
Once Global Education has reviewed the Request for Study Abroad Approval form, the student will be contacted via email concerning their status. If approved, the student will be encouraged to schedule an appointment to discuss the application process, course equivalencies and billing information.